Sunday, July 21, 2013

{Sunshine Sunday}


This weekend was so great. 

On Friday, I took the train down to Charlottesville, VA to stay with my best friend, Katherine, and her boyfriend. It was my first train ride, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was nice not having to drive, and worry about entertaining a toddler in the back seat. My train was delayed a little, but I didn't mind much. I met a few nice people to talk to who helped the ride go a little faster, and I spent the rest of the 5 hour ride reading my book, and researching stuff for Hoot & Bumble.



**



On Saturday, we all went to The Adventure Park At Sandy River Retreat, a zip lining and tree top adventure park. I wouldn't call myself scared of heights, but it was definitely out of my comfort zone. I was very impressed with the staff and how the park is run. Their equipment is top of the line and easy to use, and I felt very safe using it. 


I did the short green course first with Katherine, and Chris. There was a tight rope type obstacle that we had to walk across {while about 30 feet up in the air}. I didn't like it, but I got through it, and eventually got to the zip line. That was a lot of fun to fly through the trees. 


On the next course we tried, I got through most of an obstacle before losing my balance and having to pull myself to the end of it. I took a few steps on to the next obstacle and decided I was done. At that point, I was completely freaking out inside, and almost in tears. I was even shaking. On the outside I knew I was safe, and wanted to do it. On the inside, I just couldn't make myself go on any farther. I asked one of the employees monitoring my area to come rescue me {she had a key that allowed my zip line clips to go backwards}. She did, and I slowly walked back down to the platform, and back down to solid ground. It felt great to have my feet on the ground again. 


During the rest of the trip, I stood on the ground, and took pictures of Katherine and Chris as they did the rest of the courses. & to be honest, that was perfectly fine with me. 


Overall, I would recommend this park to anyone who likes a little adventure, or someone looking to trying something new. It really was such a great, positive atmosphere. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. You can tell they all love their jobs. For the 3 hours you get to play for it is definitely worth the money.

As a result of this adventure I learned a little more about myself. It's something that will always stick with me, and for that I am truly thankful, and grateful that I tried something new.


**

The rest of the weekend we did a little shopping, hung out with a few drinks, and visited the pool for a few minutes before a storm. I drove back to Delaware with Katherine last night, and I was so excited to see my husband, and son. It was good to get away, but always nice to be home as well. 

I hope it's not too long before we get to do another girls weekend :)

Thanks for reading, and catching up. What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!