Monday, July 22, 2013

{Better You Challenge Series}




Last weeks challenge was to try to slow down a bit and not wish away the days waiting for better ones to come along. I challenged you to live in the moment and appreciate each day as it comes for what it is.

I think last week was the perfect week for me to do this challenge. I started my 11 day vacation on Thursday and left for a girls weekend with my BFF on Friday afternoon. So I had the temptation to wish away all the days before those things that I was looking forward to. It was hard, I admit, because I was super excited. But I had to keep reminding myself that I needed to soak up as much time with my son and husband as I could because I was going to be away from them for 2.5 days {first time ever}. I do feel like I spent more time slowing down than I have been. First challenge was a success. Now to keep at it.

How did you do last week? I want to know. 

This weeks challenge is to try something out of your comfort zone. It is really easy to stick to your comfort zone and back away when something scares you. But you never learn anything new about your self until you take a risk, and just do it. 

1 comment:

  1. This is great advice to keep in mind and something I'm always struggling to keep in mind. Thanks for the great reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!