Monday, July 29, 2013

{Better You Challenge}




Last week I challenged you to try something out of your comfort zone. Sometimes it is really easy to get lost in the daily hustle bustle of life and we forget to actually live life. 

As a kid, I was very cautious, and nervous about everything. As I've gotten older, I've gotten much more brave about doing things that are out of my comfort zone. But I do tend to stick to things that are in my comfort zone, as I suspect most people do. 

Last week, I did do something out of my comfort zone. I went zip lining through the tree tops with friends. This was something that made me very nervous. I am a little scared of heights, but that is not what was making me nervous. I can't quite pin point why I was so afraid. 

I completed 1 short course, and the first obstacle of another before I had to call it quits because of my uncontrollable shaking and fear. I really liked the zip lining part of the course. If only the entire course was a zip line without the obstacles. 

Another thing I did outside of my comfort zone was to post my 12 things I miss about Breastfeeding post. I tend to keep most opinions to myself, and I am pretty modest. This post was very personal to me, and I was afraid to share it because I didn't want to offend any moms who didn't or couldn't nurse their babies. It took a lot for me to decide to post it. I decided the benefits to my blog outweighed the risks of comments I might have to respond to. To my surprise it was received extremely well by all types of moms, and it has become the top post of my bog to date. I am so proud of myself for my accomplishments this week. I feel like I've learned so much about myself.

Sooo, I want to know. How did you do? In what way did you step out of your comfort zone? Did you try something new and adventurous, or do something you don't normally do? 


As for this weeks challenge, I want you to make a list of some goals you want to work on. Long term and/or short term goals. Then get to work making those goals happen. Recently it has really helped me to keep a list of my goals. I try to do weekly smaller goals that work towards my bigger goals. It helps me in all aspects of my life- personal, and business. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!