Friday, August 9, 2013

A little inspiration for you {+ me too}

A good friend of mine, and a great mom is constantly telling her kids how powerful the mind is. & she's right. Your mindset determines your whole mood, and your mood shines outwards in the way that you present yourself.
 
That is why it's so important to take care of yourself mentally in addition to physically. I talked before about eliminating anyone negative from your life.  Avoiding negativity is the first step one must take to begin leading a happier life. Negative feelings fester inside us, and bring us down, little by little.
 
Sometimes I feel myself getting into a negative mood. As soon as I realize it, I make an effort to smile more, and change my mindset. Did you know it takes more muscles in your face to frown than it does to smile? I often tell the children this. It's hard work to frown. Let's be lazy, and just smile :)
 
 
It helps me when I wake up in the morning to think of some of the things that are going to make this day great instead of thinking about what I don't want to do that day. I tell myself {even if I don't feel it} that today is going to be a good day. Starting the day off on the right foot, and not letting anything get in the way of your positive thoughts is so important.
 
So next time you feel like you're getting a little down, or the negativity starts creeping up on you, only allow yourself to think positive thoughts. Remember, the mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.
 
Elizabeth
xxxx
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!