Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Fresh Lemonade- A Summer Favorite


One of my very favorite things in the summer is sitting outside with a cold glass of something sweet and some good conversation. Lately, it's been fresh squeezed lemonade that has been my go to. It is so easy to make, and it's super refreshing on a hot day.

Jackson loves helping me make lemonade. His favorite part {and admittedly, mine too} is squeezing the lemons.He's so cute when he uses all his strength to push and squeeze the juice out.



 He also loves to stir.


It's amazing how many lemons it actually takes to make a pitcher of lemonade. I so long for a lemon tree in my back yard. 


I also love that you can add anything you want to lemonade to get different flavors. One of our favorite add ins is strawberries. I like to crush them up a lot, so that when I drink it, I get the strawberry chunks as well. Other good add ins are blueberries, mint leaves, sweet oranges, even cherries or tea!

So sit back the next time you have a free moment and enjoy a cup of fresh squeezed lemonade.

Our Super Easy Lemonade Recipe

4-5 Lemons (I usually have 3/4-1cup of juice) 
Warm water
1/2 Cup Sugar
Ice
Pretty Pitcher

Cut lemons in half. Squeeze out the juice using a juicer. Strain out the seeds. I like to use a strainer with large holes to let the pulp drain through too. Add the sugar. Add warm water to fill pitch about half way. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste to make sure it has the right ratio of lemon juice:sugar. It will be a little strong, but you should get a good idea of what it will taste like when done. Add in any flavors you want. Add ice until the pitcher is mostly filled. Stir. Pour into pretty tall glasses. Get a good book, go outside, and enjoy :)  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!