Tuesday, August 27, 2013

{Better you Challenge}



Last weeks challenge was to get organized. Just in time for school to start :) I do this every year to help keep me on track. Then I have less temptation to slack off. Since I am a nanny, summers are usually my busiest time of year because I have all 4 kids home with me every day. So, I always welcome fall, when my schedule slows down a bit. 

This year, I am welcoming fall with open arms. This year I am only doing after school care for the family I work for, so I am home with Jackson most of every day. I am excited to get to do things with him all day, and have time to focus on Hoot & Bumble, and my school work. 

So, I sat down yesterday, and wrote out our rough, flexible schedule for the fall. I listed everything we need/want to get done, and wrote out a schedule. I set certain days of the week for library day, and other classes he may participate in. 

I also went out and bought a bunch of school supplies that we will need for what I have planned in Mommy School this year. 

I feel like everything is in order for a smooth year. I am so excited to be starting a fresh year. I really do love this time of year, even though I am sad to see summer go.

How did you get organized to get ready for fall?

I recently read an article about the nuclear radioactive junk that is being dumped into the waters from Fukushima. It is traveling as far as Alaska, and harming wild life. People are cautioning against eating anything that comes from those waters. I have been thinking a lot about the earth since I read that, thus where this weeks challenge comes from. This weeks Challenge is to do something for the earth. Even if it's just picking up trash, or planting a few flowers. Please do anything to make our earth a better place. We need to leave a clean earth for our children, and grandchildren. Don't leave our messes for them to clean up. 
For those interested, the link to the article I read first is no longer working, but here is a similar article: http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/radioactive-ground-water-fukushima-nears-sea-20044298 

Please let me know if you participated in last weeks challenge, and come back to share how you helped the earth for next weeks Better You Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!