Monday, August 26, 2013

Mommy School





In honor of the kids going back to school, and everyone getting back on a normal schedule, I am going to start Jackson on my own {home school} preschool curriculum. I really wanted to send him to preschool this year. He is so ready for school, and to be away from me for a few hours a week. I could use the time to work on Hoot & Bumble stuff, and get school work done too. But since I didn't know where I was going to be working, I couldn't sign him up. As a result, I missed the cut off for preschool registration. This means Jackson gets the pleasure of spending another year home with me :)

Each day I am going to aim to do some kind of learning activity with him. We are big on learning through play around here, but I also like to throw in a few traditional style activities once in a while. 

Each week, I am going to show you at least one of the activities we are doing around here in what I am calling Mommy School. As always we will continue to go on outings, have frequent play dates, and do crafts often. Most of the activities I show you will be geared towards older toddlers and young preschoolers because Jackson is 3 years old. But many of them will be able to be adjusted for the age and development of your child.

1st day of Mommy School is today. Jackson has the best teacher ever! I'm excited and can't wait to show you what we are up to! I hope you will use my ideas to work with your own children. Please share your ideas, too!
It's going to be a great school year!

Check back next week to see how our first week went!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!