Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Someone always has it worse...




Someone is always worse off than you are. This has been my mantra the last two days. I've had to say it to myself many times. Have you ever had one of those days that never seems to end, and everything seems to go wrong? This has been my WEEK so far. I keep reminding myself that its not actually that bad, and thinking of the positives, but its hard. I wrote a post last week about the mind + positive attitudes, and rereading that post today has helped me so much. Here's what's going on:

Yesterday morning I woke up at 6:40AM to my phone going crazy- it was a tornado warning. Great. We don't typically get tornadoes here in Delaware. I've never seen one and I've lived here my whole life. But in the last year or so, it seems we've had lots of instability in the atmosphere in certain storms and we have actually had some minor tornadoes in our area. Super scary. The last warning, a few weeks ago, when I hid in the basement with Jackson, scared both of us, and now when there's a storm, Jackson won't sleep in his bed.

So, right after the tornado warning expired, we had a really severe storm that dumped 3-5" of rain on us within an hour. I was just getting ready to go get a shower and get ready for work when I noticed the basement was flooding. Our sub pump wasn't working, then the back up one wouldn't work either. I figured out it was the outlet I was using that wasn't working, and plugged the pump into another one to start pumping water out of the basement. Kyle's uncle ended up having to come over to help me because Kyle was at work and couldn't get home. {We are currently renting our cute little house from Kyle's cousins. They are on vacation this week so they weren't able to come help, but  thankfully Uncle Tommy was around this morning. This is the beauty of renting and living close to family}.

Today, the basement is completely dried out thanks to the dehumidifier that Uncle Tommy purchased yesterday. But the basement is now a mess again. We will probably have to spend half of our weekend down there getting it organized again.

But today I woke up happy. I did the dishes, I swept the floor, I tidied up the living room. I will have a happy day. I hope you have one too :)

Check back tomorrow to see the second post on the first dance and song lyrics wedding picture: how to make a photo canvas.

Elizabeth
xxxx

2 comments:

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!