Tuesday, August 20, 2013

{Better You Challenge}



Last week I challenged you to spend some extra quality time with your children. Sometimes in the day to day hustle of life we forget to slow down and enjoy our children for who they are, and laugh at the little things. I know this is something I feel like I am constantly working on. After all, they are only little for so long. 

I am lucky in that I get to spend all day every day with our Jackson. Although it can be tiring, I enjoy it so much, and I am so thankful that I get this time with him. I will miss it immensely when he's grown. 

This week we spent some time one on one, and as a family, just enjoying each other. On Sunday we stayed in all day, and just hung out together. I spent time doing free art with Jackson, which is something we both love doing together. I love sharing my creativity with my son, and love watching him figure out his own creative style. He so brilliant :)

This weeks challenge comes just in time for school to start for the older children. If you have younger children who are not in school yet, their fall classes, or new activities may be starting. Either way, you can play along with this challenge. 

Every year around this time, I like to sit down, and make a plan for the school year. I try to write down all of our activities, and make a schedule for us to follow. It's a fresh start for the school year, and a plan so I don't slack off. So this week, I want all of us to make a schedule of everything we plan to get done every week. Go get yourself a pretty planner book, and actually write stuff in it :) Set yourself up for a good year- also organize anything else you've been meaning to get to lately- like that stack of papers on the kitchen counter. I will tell you more about  my start-of-the-school-year-routine next week after we all complete the challenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!