Monday, August 5, 2013

{Our Weekly Family Recap}

We had another great week. We had a lot of adventures and "firsts". 

Earlier in the week we visited the Grand Opera House and saw a showing of Pinocchio. It was Jackson's first trip to the theater, and he loved it. We also visited a local wild life refuge with friends. We had the most perfect weather for it, and we were able to learn some pretty awesome facts.

Kyle's family is very musical, and many of them play instruments. They love getting together to play bluegrass music. Saturday night we had a super fun family gathering that included live music, dancing, singing, laughing, kids running everywhere, and great food.



Even our little Jackson played music. He has a guitar, and he loves to sit in the circle with the other musicians and pretend to play. He actually keeps a pretty good beat. I see lots of music lessons in his future. 


I even played a little. Well, not really, but I tried. {One day I hope to learn to play too, so I can play with the family}

***

Sunday Kyle, Jackson, and I spent a few hours at Lums Pond State Park. We took Jackson on his first paddle boat ride, and we got to watch the zip liners fly across the pond over our heads. 



Kyle also spent some time teaching Jackson the fun of disc golf, a sport his family loves to play. Jackson loved the concept and enjoyed throwing his frisbee while Kyle and I played a few holes. This was Jackson's first disc golf experience of many.


Some more photos of our visit to the state park.




Words can not express the joy I feel when I get to spend time with my family, doing the things we love. It doesn't get any better than the days we had together this first weekend in August. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!