Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Favorite Sewing Product Highlight: My Rotary Cutter


Hi everyone!
How do you cut out your projects?

When I first started sewing I didn't even know what a rotary cutter was. I was using scissors to cut out every single project. It took forever, and could be quite frustrating getting the measurements and my lines straight some times. Until I discovered the rotary cutter. I was a little intimidated to try it at first, but once I did, I was hooked.

Now it is one of my favorite sewing products and I use it more often than my scissors. I use it for almost every project because it makes cutting large, straight lines so much easier.
Here is the one I have:


It is the OLFA 60mm Straigh Hand Standard Rotary Cutter. You can purchase it right from the link above.
(I am part of the amazon affiliates program, so I will get compensation if you purchase from my link. All opinions of this product are from my own personal experiences.) 

(See how straight the lines are?)

The steel blade is so sharp, and cuts through multiple layers smooth as butter. I've used mine to cut cotton, fleece, flannel, terry cloth, and even denim. I've had it for about 9 months now, and the blade is still going strong too. 



I recommend buying a clear ruler to use with it. It really helps to line the ruler up against where you want to cut, and run the blade alongside the ruler. 
And as always, use a self healing mat along with this rotary cutter. 

Have you ever tried a rotary cutter? Which one is your favorite? I'd love to hear about your rotary cutter experiences!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!