Friday, October 4, 2013

8 years down. Many more to go.


Today is the 8 year anniversary of when Kyle and I started dating. 
Want to hear a story?
I'll tell you how it all began...

(2005, I was 17! Holy Moly!)

I was the photo lab girl at Eckerds Drug Store when Kyle was hired as our new cashier in June 2005. 
I wouldn't say it was love at first sight, but when I saw him for the first time, I knew something was different. I like to think I knew that he would have a very special meaning to me.



4 months later, we had our first date at the movie theater- we saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose (awful movie, BTW). He was a gentleman. He came to pick me up, and met my mom for the first time.



It was a night I will never forget. I remember the next morning walking around school with a permanent smile plastered to my face all day long. I seriously could not take it off. I had had my first date. Little did I know, my first date would eventually become my husband.

(You can see the tutorial on how to make this graphic here)

This all happened 8 years ago, and I still remember every detail like it was yesterday. Not many people find a love like ours, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to spend a lifetime with an amazing man, who loves me for who I am. He's supportive, and kind, and just perfect for me.

In the last 8 years we've been on quite the journey together.
In 2008 we moved into our first apartment together.
Shortly after that, we added Jasper, our first fur baby to our family.
In 2009, we were married.
In 2010, we moved into a house, and welcomed our first baby, Jackson, into our family.



We've laughed, we've cried, we've worried, and we've dreamed. But through it all, we were together, holding each others hand, and supporting one another.

I couldn't have found a perfect partner in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Like Hoot & Bumble? Tell us your thoughts!